Fusion-8 Glass Kiln (With Furniture Kit)
GLASS MUST BE FIRED ON A SHELF. ALL OF OUR GLASS KILNS ARE PRICED INCLUDING THE RECOMMENDED FURNITURE KIT ($63.65 Value)
Uses: Glass Fusing Glass Painting Glass Slumping
Note: This video was produced by the Paragon factory. We offer significant discounts off the factory prices.
Paragon Fusion-8 Glass Fusing Kiln
The 8-sided Fusion8 will open a world of creativity for you. Fire silk-screening on glass and decals, paint with frit and stringers, fuse recycled bottles. Experiment with glass weaving. Make kiln loads of glass pendants.
Even Heat Distribution from the Top and Sides
The Fusion8 firebrick lid heating elements are seated in pinless grooves. A sidewall element, which is protected in recessed firebrick wall grooves, adds to temperature uniformity.
The standard insulating firebrick top can be upgraded to the optional deluxe ceramic fiber top. The fiber top is noted for keeping the kiln interior especially clean. Both tops have the same pinless element grooves.
Optional Glass Window
Many people consider the optional high temperature glass 1” x 3” window to be indispensable. You can watch every stage of fusing and slumping, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse, through the window at your convenience. By watching the glass, even beginners can fine-tune a digital program for precise results. When you see the glass fuse like you had envisioned, write down the temperature displayed on the controller for future firings. (Always wear firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window. We recommend green #3 glasses.)
Optional Mercury Relay Upgrade
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns.
Optional Lid Safety Switch
The optional lid safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid.
Deluxe Rolling Stand (Included)
All Paragon 7, 8, 10, and 12 sided top-loading ceramic and glass kilns now come with a deluxe rolling stand at no extra charge. The new stand has locking casters, a mounting bracket for the Orton Kiln Vent, and a greenware drying rack. You will enjoy the convenience of effortlessly moving the kiln out of the way when not in use. Click Here to learn more.
Optional Ceramic Fiber Lid (Retail $384.28 - Our price $320) add to cart
The Fusion-series glass kilns can be ordered with an optional ceramic fiber lid in place of the firebrick lid. Serious glass artists have long requested the fiber top for their firebrick kilns. The ceramic fiber lid includes a deluxe brushed stainless steel outer lid cover.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
Basic Fusion-8 Features
The Fusion-8 is 11” deep and includes a heating element in the sidewalls. Enjoy enhanced heat control with fusing, slumping, and embossing. The Fusion-8 fires on 240 volts.
- Heating elements in top with pinless element groove
- Heating element in the sidewalls of the Fusion-8
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid
- Lock-in lid support
- Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Switch box is sloped for comfortable operation of the controller
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. The Fusion-8 comes with the ¼” Type-K, which is hermetically sealed in a high-nickel metal sheath for long life.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Top Loading Round
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
25.00W x 28.50D x 35.00H Inches
635W x 724D x 889H mm
The external kiln height includes a 18.5" tall stand.
30.50W x 30.50D x 32.00H Inches
775W x 775D x 813H mm
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.