Fusion-14 Glass Kiln (With Furniture Kit)
GLASS MUST BE FIRED ON A SHELF. ALL OF OUR GLASS KILNS ARE PRICED INCLUDING THE FACTORY RECOMMENDED FURNITURE KIT.Uses: Glass Fusing Glass Painting Glass Slumping
Paragon’s square Fusion14 digital glass kiln operates on a standard household outlet and fires up to nine 4” x 4” glass tiles. Imagine the murals you could make with this kiln.
Fire small glass bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Try out the newest glass techniques. Enjoy glittering dichroic glass. Make gifts that your loved ones will treasure. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with glass fusing to your heart’s content.
The Fusion14 heats from the top for even heat distribution across the glass surface. The lid elements are mounted in pinless element grooves. Because the element coils are wider than the groove opening, element pins are no longer needed. This helps eliminate dust in the firing chamber.
Optional Glass Window and Bead Door
Enhance your glass fusing experience with the optional high temperature 1” x 3” glass window. It simplifies fusing by enabling you to watch every stage, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse. Watch the glass to fine-tune a digital program. (Always wear firing safety glasses, available from Paragon, while watching the glass through the window.)
You can even anneal glass beads with your Fusion-14. Order the optional bead door, which mounts to the front of the kiln. Use your kiln to safely cool large, ornate beads through the annealing range.
Optional Ceramic Fiber Lid (Retail $384.28 - Our price $320) add to cart
The Fusion-series glass kilns can be ordered with an optional ceramic fiber lid in place of the firebrick lid. Serious glass artists have long requested the fiber top for their firebrick kilns. The ceramic fiber lid includes a deluxe brushed stainless steel outer lid cover.
Reliability at the Heart of the Kiln
The Fusion-14 has a two-year warranty. The temperature sensor, called a thermocouple, is sheathed with high-nickel stainless steel for long life. A heavy steel base supports the reversible brick bottom completely. These features are extra assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last. No extra stand is needed.
The reliable Fusion-14 has dual mechanical relays for long life. The digital controller sends a signal to the relays to turn on the heating elements. The two relays in the Fusion-14 last longer than the single relay of competitive kilns because of the reduced amperage going through each relay.
In addition, you can order the mercury relay upgrade with your new kiln. The mercury relays are ordinarily found only on industrial kilns and outlast mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
For your convenience, flip the switch on the front panel to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use. The large, comfortable wooden lid handle stays cool.
The Fusion-14 control box has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
The Ease of Digital Firing
Paragon’s innovative controller will help you achieve consistent results from one firing to the next. The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet the controller is also easy to learn.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Fusion Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review all the controller features in more detail.
Paragon kilns are made in America to exacting standards.
The Fusion-14 can ship by UPS within the United States to give you a lower shipping cost and faster service. A specially designed carton and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
The Fusion-14 Furniture Kit (included in our price)
Glass must be fired on a ceramic shelf; never directly on the kiln firing chamber bottom.
- 1 - 12” x 13” x 5/8” Shelf
- 4 - 1” wide Square Posts, ½” long
- 1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Top Loading Square
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
26.00W x 22.00D x 14.00H Inches
660W x 559D x 356H mm
36.00W x 34.00D x 27.00H Inches
914W x 864D x 686H mm
Doorway Clearance Needed
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via UPS
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.