TNF-82 8-Sided Ceramic Kiln
Uses: China Painting Decals Low-Fire Ceramics
The digital automatic TnF82 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
The TnF-82 is made of 2 ½” thick firebrick in the lid, walls and bottom. It is designed for low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals and gold. For porcelain and stoneware, order the TNF-823.
The Digital Controller
The Sentry 12-key controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet we have also worked hard to make the controller user-friendly.
You may want to upgrade to the new Sentinel Touch Controller by Bartlett. Please select that option in cart if desired.
Do you ever wonder how much electricity your kiln uses? The digital controller can figure this for you with the press of a button. Find out how little a kiln actually costs to fire. Learn to conserve energy by experimenting with firing speed, load density, etc.
The heat of the kiln is magical and offers wonderful surprises. Ceramic glazes undergo a complete transformation in the kiln.
The Kiln Stand
Features of the TnF-82 Digital Kiln
- Sentry 12 Key Digital Controller, made by Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Long-life electrical system with high temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
Upgrade to the Sentinel Smart Touch Controller
You may want to upgrade to the new Smart Touch Controller
The Furniture Kit
The furniture kit consists of carefully selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
- Furniture Kit for S-82, SnF-82, TnF-82
- 3 C-16 Shelves (15 1/2” octagon x 5/8”), 1 C-16H 1/2 Shelf
- 1" wide Square Posts, 4 of each - 1/2”, 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, 6” lengths
- 1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
- Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional KilnMaster 120 Kiln Vent
The patented Orton Vent Master not only vents fumes but also improves firing results. Click Here to learn more!
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Sentry Digital 12-key Ceramics
Top Loading Round
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
25.50W x 28.30D x 37.00H Inches
648W x 719D x 940H mm
The external kiln height includes a 9.5" tall stand.
36.00W x 37.50D x 35.00H Inches
914W x 953D x 889H mm
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via Truck
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.