TNF-82-3 8-Sided Ceramic and Pottery Kiln
Uses: China Painting Crystalline Glazes Decals Dolls Low-Fire Ceramics Porcelain Stoneware
The digital automatic TnF82-3 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
The TnF823 is made of 3” thick firebrick in the lid, walls and bottom. It is designed for porcelain, stoneware, low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals and gold.
The Furniture Kit (Retail $208.96 - Our price $168)
The furniture kit consists of carefully selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
- Furniture Kit for S-82-3, SnF-82-3, TnF82-3
- 3 C-18 Shelves 1 C-18H 1/2 Shelf
- 1" wide Square Posts, 4 of each - 1/2”, 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, 6” lengths
- 1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
- Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 34 lbs.
Optional Sentinel touch-screen controller
This kiln can be ordered with the optional Sentinel Smart Touch controller instead of the standard Sentry 2.0 12-key controller. Click Here to learn more about this exciting new technology.
Optional Lid Safety Switch
The optional lid safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid. IMPORTANT: The lid safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
Optional VentMaster 120 Kiln Vent (Retail $543.66 - Our price $450)
The patented Orton Vent Master not only vents fumes but also improves firing results. Click Here to learn more!
Optional AOP Outlet
The “Auxiliary Output” is available on most Paragon TnF kilns. The AOP is a relay-powered electrical receptacle mounted to the kiln. You can plug an Orton KilnVent into the AOP to control when the vent turns on during firing.
The Kiln Stand
Deluxe Rolling Stand now shipped with this kiln at no extra charge!
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
Features of the TnF-82-3 Digital Automatic Kiln
- Sentry 12 Key Digital Controller, made by Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Long-life electrical system with high temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Top Loading Round
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
25.50W x 28.30D x 37.50H Inches
648W x 719D x 953H mm
The external kiln height includes a 9.5" tall stand.
36.00W x 38.00D x 43.00H Inches
914W x 965D x 1092H mm
Doorway Clearance Needed
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via Truck
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.