Fusion-7 Glass Kiln (With Furniture Kit & Free Shipping)
GLASS MUST BE FIRED ON A SHELF. ALL OF OUR GLASS KILNS ARE PRICED WITH THE RECOMMENDED FURNITURE KIT INCLUDED ($46.68 Value).
This item includes free shipping within the Continental US.
Uses: Glass Fusing Glass Painting Glass Slumping
The Fusion7 offers the convenience of 120 volt operation.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new glass ideas to your heart’s content.
The Fusion-series lid elements use a new element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Optional Glass Window
Many people consider the optional high temperature glass 1” x 3” window to be indispensable. You can watch every stage of fusing and slumping, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse, through the window at your convenience. By watching the glass, even beginners can fine-tune a digital program for precise results. When you see the glass fuse like you had envisioned, write down the temperature displayed on the controller for future firings. (Always wear firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window. We recommend green #3 glasses.)
Optional Bead Door
Adding the optional 2 1/2” x 6 1/2” bead door to your Fusion-7 is like buying two kilns instead of one. Not only can you fuse and slump glass, but with the bead door you can also anneal glass beads. Comes complete with bead mandrel holder.
Optional Lid Safety Switch
The optional lid safety switch turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed. The switch mounts to the back of the lid. IMPORTANT: The lid safety switch is required in some areas such as Canada and Europe.
Optional Mercury Relay Upgrade
Order your new kiln with the factory installed mercury relay upgrade. The mercury relay is quiet and reliable. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays outlast the standard mechanical relays and are available as an option on new kilns.
Optional Ceramic Fiber Lid (Retail $384.28 - Our price $320) add to cart
The Fusion-series glass kilns can be ordered with an optional ceramic fiber lid in place of the firebrick lid. Serious glass artists have long requested the fiber top for their firebrick kilns. The ceramic fiber lid includes a deluxe brushed stainless steel outer lid cover.
Deluxe Rolling Stand (Included)
All Paragon 7, 8, 10, and 12 sided top-loading ceramic and glass kilns now come with a deluxe rolling stand at no extra charge. The new stand has locking casters, a mounting bracket for the Orton Kiln Vent, and a greenware drying rack. You will enjoy the convenience of effortlessly moving the kiln out of the way when not in use. Click Here to learn more.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
Features of the Fusion-7
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- Heating elements in top of all models
- Element groove that eliminates element pins
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid
- Lock-in lid support
- Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Top Loading Round
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
22.00W x 24.50D x 30.50H Inches
559W x 622D x 775H mm
The external kiln height includes a 18.5" tall stand.
30.00W x 30.00D x 26.00H Inches
762W x 762D x 660H mm
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via UPS
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.