BlueBird Bead Annealing Kiln (Free Shipping)
Our price includes free shipping within the continental US
Uses: Glass Bead Annealing
Note: This video was produced by the Paragon factory. We offer significant discounts off the factory prices.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
The BlueBird safely anneals glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling. The kiln, made in America to exacting standards, opens doorways of opportunity in beadmaking. Enjoy a full 20” of width with the 2” tall, 10” wide double doors. This kiln is ideal for busy seminar teachers. It is like having two kilns in one.
High-tech Ceramic Fiber
The BlueBird features high-tech ceramic fiber insulation in the roof, walls and floor. The element is embedded in the roof between layers of ceramic fiber board to reduce dust. This is a true high performance kiln you will enjoy using often.
(Note: The BlueBird kilns are fired at the Paragon factory before the outside metal is painted. This is to harden the liquid rigidizer on the ceramic fiber insulation. This may leave black or brown marks on the insulation. These marks are normal.)
Mandrel Holders, Glass Rod Warmer
Insert bead mandrels into the kiln. The mandrel ends rest outside the kiln on 3”-deep slotted stainless steel mandrel holders, cradled at two points. Adjust the height of the mandrel holders by loosening screws underneath.
We have added exciting new performance-enhancing features to the BlueBird, such as the stainless steel glass rod warmer on top of the kiln. Pre-heating glass rods saves production time.
Door Latches and Rare-Earth Magnets
Side latches hold the doors closed while the kiln is heating to annealing temperature. Phenolic knobs stay cool to the touch. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors open when needed. A safety switch on the front panel turns off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use.
Sloped Panel for Easy Operation
To save table space, the Sentry Xpress digital controller is mounted under the kiln in an ergonomic, sloped panel for easy operation. The built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times. It is slotted to dissipate heat and comes with mar-proof plastic feet.
The steel base supports the kiln in two layers. The upper steel base supports and strengthens the ceramic fiber floor; the lower steel base covers the entire kiln bottom where it rests on your worktable. Electrical components are mounted to the lower base, away from the heat of the firing chamber.
Economical to Fire
The BlueBird plugs into a standard household outlet. It draws only 1500 watts and is economical to fire. The kiln ships by convenient UPS. Specially designed cartons and vacuum-formed padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Deluxe Water-Base Paint
The BlueBird has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. Water-base paint produces low emissions during spraying, which creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
The BlueBird’s user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress digital controller automatically maintains the annealing temperature that you select. The controller is packed with features but is so easy to use that your child could program it. The kiln includes a Quick Start programming guide and a 16-page controller instruction manual, printed in color.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and wipes clean in seconds.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Features of the BlueBird
- digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 2 - 10” wide x 2” high doors
- adjustable 3”-deep slotted stainless steel mandrel holders
- stainless steel glass rod warmer
- Door latches hold the doors closed; rare-earth magnets hold the doors open
- 6” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Ceramic fiber roof, walls, and floor
- Embedded roof element
- 1”-thick ceramic fiber doors
- Mandrel holders with 20 slots
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Fusion Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
Front Loading Square
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
27.00W x 15.25D x 14.50H Inches
686W x 387D x 368H mm
31.00W x 19.00D x 22.00H Inches
787W x 483D x 559H mm
Ship Method & Notations
This Kiln Ships Via UPS
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.