Uses: Glass Bead Annealing Lamp Working
Anneal large glass figurines in the digital F-120 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber through the smaller 2” x 8” punty rod door. This allows the glass to anneal safely.
You can make figurines up to 5” tall in the F-120. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
Ease of operation will delight you. Never before has lamp work been so easy in this price range. Imagine the massive, award-winning figurines you will make with this kiln.
New conversion stand included with the F-120
The F-120 comes with a heavy-duty Conversion Stand. The Conversion Stand adds a mandrel holder (also called a point rest) to your F-120. Simply place the kiln on top of the Conversion Stand. Then adjust the mandrel holder vertically and horizontally. The holder slides inside steel tubes. The stainless steel mandrel rest includes 7 slots.
Features of the Sentry Xpress digital controller
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Check the program you are about to fire with Program Review.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
Pinless element grooves
The F-120 elements are mounted in pinless grooves in the 3” thick firebrick roof. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. With the element in the top, you can also fuse and slump glass.
Basic kiln features
- Conversion Stand included with the F-120.
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base.
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the 2” x 8” punty rod door open or closed.
- Stainless steel sheet metal screws
- Optional mercury relay available
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards.
- Made in the USA
- Pinless element grooves
- 3” thick insulating refractory firebricks in the roof; 2 1/2” thick firebrick walls and bottom
Optional deluxe mercury relay
You can order the optional deluxe mercury relay, which controls the cycling of the heating elements. The relay is industrial grade and heavy-duty for extra long life. Glass artists cherish the dependability of the mercury relay.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.