Home Artist-120 (Free Shipping!)
Uses: China Painting Decals Glass Fusing Glass Painting Glass Slumping Glaze Testing Low-Fire Ceramics
Online Ordering Note. Don't forget the Furniture! You will need the Shelves, and Posts!
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise.
For raku firing, don't forget to add the optional lid safety switch.
Paragon Home Artist
The portable Home Artist kiln sets up in minutes. It plugs into a standard household outlet and features a collapsible luggage carrier for easy moving. Take it with you on vacation or to seminars. The Home Artist is surprisingly large for a kiln that fires up to 1900F on 120 volts.
The kiln fires rapidly up to 1900°F. It uses space-age ceramic fiber insulation, noted for energy efficiency. It is large enough to fire 10” china plates. The digital controller fires to pyrometric cones with 3 key simplicity.
Portable raku firing
The Home Artist is ideal for traveling teachers, because it cools rapidly. It is also popular with raku artists. It is easy to hold a raku party with a portable Home Artist kiln. The ceramic fiber is hardly affected by the thermal shock of opening the kiln at raku temperatures.
Loaded with features
The stainless steel jacket is vented to lower the surface temperature. A latch holds the lid securely closed. A safety toggle switch on the side of the electrical box shuts off power to the heating element. A built-in fuse protects the controller. The firing chamber is made of space-age ceramic fiber. This insulation is noted for energy efficiency. And the Home Artist is made in America.
The Home Artist 120 Furniture Kit
Recommended furniture kit for the Paragon Home Artist kilns. Included:
2 C-10R Shelves (10” round x 1/2”)
1” wide Square Posts, 3 each of - 1”, 3”, 6” lengths
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash; 1 Haik Brush
- Sentry Xpress 3 key controller
- Energy-efficient ceramic fiber firing chamber heats rapidly.
- Stainless steel jacket is vented for lower surface temperature
- Safety on/off switch
- Fall-Away lid vent
- Light enough to take anywhere.
- Telescoping luggage carrier with wheels for easy moving; collapses for convenient storage.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. On ceramic kilns, the controller includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the 12-key Sentry 2.0.)
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Fire to a pyrometric cone by merely entering cone number and slow, medium or fast speed.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Set a temperature alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid.
- Design Ramp-Hold programs with up to 8 segments (steps).
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Add hold time in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Temperature Display in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
Circuit Copper Wire Size
TUV tested to CSA and UL Standard 499
IMPORTANT: Some areas such as Canada and Europe require a lid or door safety switch on kilns.
Top Loading Round
Understanding Chamber Measurements
The Outer Size of the Kiln and the Shipping Size: Width = Left to Right; Depth = Front to Back; Height = Top to Bottom
16.00W x 23.00D x 18.70H Inches
406W x 584D x 475H mm
21.00W x 28.00D x 24.00H Inches
533W x 711D x 610H mm
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.